These are the instructions for an investment advisor to set up an AngelList account to invest in Nucleation Capital on behalf of a client. This structure enables the advisor to access the terms, conduct the capital transfers for funding as needed and get access to all of the documents, reports, and K1s. They will also get account notifications from both Nucleation as well as AngelList, the account custodian, on behalf of the client at the registered email address. There is no cost to setting up an AngelList (AL) account and AngelList account reps can help you make changes, should you needs it.
STEPS TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT
6) Step 3: Past Experience: If you say that you represent a firm, they will ask you which one. There is no requirement to mention the firm.
7) You wil be directed to a screen that enables you to set up your “Investing Entity.” This is where you should enter information to set up your client as the actual investing entity for the account, which requires entering some personal information on their behalf. (The information may be presented at a later stage but is required for AL KYC efforts.)
9) Once you are at our fund page, you will be able to review our fund description, terms and view or download the Closing Documents (located under the purple “Apply Now” button) prior to subscribing.
STEPS TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NUCLEATION FUND
10) On the fund subscription page, read the description and terms and, when ready, click the purple “Apply Now” button. You will be asked to enter the terms for your subscription, in an amount to be funded quarterly and the number of quarters to subscribe for.
11) You will be asked about how they qualify as accredited, whether via Income or Assets. You may use either one and you may direct that verification request to be sent to an individual at your own firm. Someone from the AL Accreditation team will be in touch with that person in order to get confirmation of accreditation, which is typically done by completing a questionnaire.
12) Following the prompts, you will have another chance to view the Closing Documents and check your acknowledgement agreeing to be bound by terms that you set and the provisions of the closing documents. When you confirm all of the statements and click “Subscribe,” this is where the investment commitment happens.
15) Final documents are generated after the quarter closes and a link to them is posted in the client information area.