Facts lead the way
“My Nuclear Energy Leadership Act, which is cosponsored by Senator Booker and 16 additional Senators, is designed to reposition the United States as the undisputed world leader in advanced nuclear technology.”
—Senator Lisa Murkowski, R-AK,
Senate Committee on Energy & Natural Resources
“Providing for a nuclear energy option, both nationally and globally, to provide clean, dispatchable baseload and scalable power in a complex and dynamic power grid environment is a critical goal.”
Policy-makers, business leaders, investors and even philanthropists are increasingly recognizing the role that nuclear must play in our future zero-carbon energy system.
- The Guardian, Nuclear power paves the only viable path forward on climate change, December 2015, by Drs. James Hansen, Kerry Emanuel, Ken Caldeira and Tom Wigley (https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/dec/03/nuclear-power-paves-the-only-viable-path-forward-on-climate-change).
- The Wall Street Journal, Only Nuclear Energy Can Save the Planet, an OpEd by Joshua S. Goldstein and Staffan A. Qvist, January 11, 2019 (https://www.wsj.com/articles/only-nuclear-energy-can-save-the-planet-11547225861)
- Senate Committee on Energy & Natural Resources, Republican News. Lisa Murkowski: U.S. Must Lead the World in Nuclear Energy, April 30, 2019 (https://www.energy.senate.gov/2019/4/murkowski-u-s-must-lead-the-world-in-nuclear-energy).
- Breakthrough Energy, Advancing the Landscape of Clean Energy Innovation, a February 2019 report prepared by Former US Secretary of Energy and Energy Futures Initiative founder Ernest Moniz and IHS Markit vice chairman Daniel Yergin.
- Scientific American, Safer Nuclear Reactors Are on the Way: Resilient fuels and innovative reactors could enable a resurgence of nuclear power, by Mark Fischetti, July 1, 2019.
- Morning Star, The Case for Nuclear power has never been stronger, an article by Trade Unions for Safe Nuclear Energy (TUSNE), (https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/case-nuclear-power-has-never-been-stronger).
- Inside Philanthropy, Philanthropy’s Critical Nuclear Moment, by Eric D’Amato, October 7, 2019 (https://www.insidephilanthropy.com/home/2019/10/7/philanthropys-critical-nuclear-moment).
- World Resources Institute, Beyond Renewables: How to Reduce Energy-Related Emissions by Measuring What Matters, Opinion by John Woolard, (https://www.wri.org/news/beyond-renewables-how-reduce-energy-related-emissions-measuring-what-matters).
- Aspen Institute Ideas Festival, The Next Chapter in Energy is Here, 2019 (https://www.aspenideas.org/sessions/the-next-chapter-in-energy-is-here).